Group A jobs are one of the highest jobs currently the youth is attracted to. So, what exactly is group A jobs?
To know that you must know about the classification of civil service jobs and which we are not getting into. But for your knowledge Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D are the classifications of Civil service jobs made by the Central Government of India. This classification is directly based on the rank, status, and degree of the level of responsibility attached to the posts.
So lets go into detail about the Group A jobs in India, their salary and list of group a jobs in india.
What are the group A jobs in India
Group A jobs have more administrative responsibilities and are assigned to the highest levels of management in ministries. Middle management is made up of the junior levels of Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’. Group ‘C’ employees are hired to undertake maintenance and labour work in ministries and departments, while Group ‘D’ employees are hired to do clerical work in ministries and departments. So, let’s look at the list of all group A jobs in India.
List of group A jobs in India
This list includes all group a jobs in India.
- DSP and police officers above
- Officers in the Indian Armed Forces
- State administrative officers etc, are some of the group A jobs in India.
Group A jobs are government jobs that are at the officer’s level. In terms of appointment and authority, Group-A – Is at the top. In the 7th CPC, it falls into the level 10 to 18 category. Group A includes all IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, IRS, DSP and above police officers, officers of the Indian armed forces, state administrative officers, and so on. A Group ‘A’ officer’s grade salary starts at 5400 Gp (level 10). For non-technical positions at the central level, UPSC is the primary recruiting organization.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) administers civil service exams to select candidates for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), and Indian Forest Service (IFoS), as well as other Group A and Group B (Gazetted) positions.
- The main distinction between a gazetted and non-gazetted officer is that a gazetted officer has the authority to issue an official stamp on behalf of the Indian government. It means they are true delegates and representatives of the Indian state and the President.
Also Read: CIPET Recruitment 2022
Group A jobs salary
An officer in the Group A jobs in India gets a base pay ranging from 56,100 (level 10) to 2,50,000 (level 18). Basic pay, DA (Dearness allowance), HRA (House rent allowance), TA (Transport allowance), and other allowances are included in an employee’s in-hand compensation (If any)
To eliminate misunderstanding among all jobs, the CPC has assigned a fixed Grade Pay to each of the central government’s available positions. Higher grade pay denotes a higher position, greater responsibility, and a higher remuneration. CPC offers the lowest grade pay (Peon/Sweeper) and the highest grade pay (IG/Commissioner) in the industry. Each pay grade has a set basic pay (in terms of salary)
3 thoughts on “ Group A jobs in India: Everything you need to Know!”
Pingback: BLOCK Development Officer Recruitment  - Sarkari Job Click
Pingback: പത്താം ക്ലാസ്സ് ഉള്ളവർക്ക് കേന്ദ്ര സർവീസിൽ സുവർണ്ണാവസരം | ജോലി ഒഴിവ് - Sarkari Job Click
Pingback: [MALAYALAM] Subhiksha Keralam Scheme 2022 Apply Online at aims.kerala.gov.in Portal - Sarkari Job Click